dimanche 8 août 2010

IRUN PASSAIA 1ERE ETAPE EN ESPAGNE Français anglais

"1st Etappe: Irun - Pasaia. 

At about 6h everybody or most bodies started moving. We were 6 x 6 and there were two bathrooms which of course meant that whenever someone used the toilet a shower was blocked and vice versa. 

I had an aditional problem: upon arrival I had looked for something and pulled most things out of my pack and left them on my bed. When I decided to go to bed (before everybody I was with!), I discovered that several persons in my room had already gone to bed and seemed to be sleeping - so I carefully put my stuff under my bed to make up my pack only in the morning. The result was that I was amongst the last to leave.

However this etappe was very beautiful. Sunshine, but not too much of it. A very difficult climb at the beginning and then a long, mostly flat walk along a ridge overlooking a valley on one side and the sea on the other. At one time there were lots of blackberries on both sides of the path and since I was fairly close to my destination I took the time to pick lots.

The etappe finished on a long stretch of alpine path, extremely difficult, where I just concentrated on my feet.

I had come across two German women, one young, one middle aged, with whom I caught up as we were coming into town. So we looked for the albergo together - it was difficult to find and still closed for an hour, so the other two went into town while I stayed to keep an eye on the packs (stretched myself out on the bench in front of the hostel and promptly went to sleep!). 

The hostel is quite small and very new - was opened this year. And already one of the two showers is not working. But it can accommodate only 14 persons, so that is alright. 

On the photo you see a small white house attached to the back of the church which is situated on the rock.

PS A Belgian couple of cyclists arrived just now. The hospitaleiro told me, there is only one bed left, but they are young and do not need much space. So if it ok with them....."









A environ six heures du matin, la plus part des “corps” commencèrent à bouger ! Nous étions en chambre de six et il y avait deux salles de bains, ce qui veut dire que lorsque quelqu’un utilisait les toilettes, la douche étati bloqué et vice versa !

J’ai eu également un problème supplémentaire : en arrivant j’ai cherché quelque chose dans mon sac et ai sorti presque tout et l’ai laissé sur le lit. Quand je me suis décidée à aller me coucher, j’ai découvert que plusieurs personnes de ma chambre étaient déja couchées et dormaient. J’ai donc doucement mis tout mon “bazar” sous le lit, prevoyant de faire le sac le lendemain matin. Résultat  : j’étais la dernière à quiiter l’auberge !

Cependant, l’étape a été très belle ; le soleil un peu mais pas trop, une montée très difficile au début, et ensuite un long sentier plat dominant la vallée d’un coté et la mer de l’autre. A un moment il y avait beaucoup de mures des deux cotés du sentier et comme j’étais assez pret de ma destination, j’ai pris le temps d’en ramasser.

L’étape s’est terminée par un long sentier alpin, très difficiel et sur lequel je me suis concentrée sur mes pieds.

J’ai rencontré deux dames allemandes, une jeune et l’autre d’âge moyen qui allaient également en ville. On a cherché l’auberge ensemble, elle était difficile à trouver et fermée encore pour une heure ; les deux dames sont parties en ville pendant que je gardais les sacs, je m’allongeais sur un banc et ne tardais pas à dormir ...

L’hotel était petit et neuf (ouvert cette année) mais l’une des douches ne fonctionnait pas ! Il y avit de la place pour 14 personnes, ce qui était bien.

Sur la photo, vous remarquerez la petite maison blanche, collée à l’arrière de l’église qui est situées sur un rocher.

PS : un couple de cyclistes belges vient d’arriver. L’hospitalier me dit qu’il ne reste qu’un lit, mais que, comme ils sont jeunes, ils ne prendront pas beaucoup de place !!Si cela leur convient !
 












Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire