dimanche 8 août 2010

Bayonne

"SNSM Bayonne.

Walking to Bayonne turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated. After a few kilometers in the forest I came to the bank of the river Adour. I had expected a comfortable cycling track all the way even though it would be through the port and an industrial area. As it turned out I ended up in the industrial area, but on the road amongst the cars, not on a separate track..

I liked Bayonne which is real town, alive - not just a place for tourists in the summer like most of the places I have been through since the mouth of the Gironde.

Checked with telecom my situation as to my travel in Spain, did some shopping for food an made for the SNSM station in the port to meet Philippe who is president of the station.

He arrived on a scooter with great florish and showed me the station - it is also a Centre de Formation, wonderfully equipped, with elegant furniture, kitchenette, microwave oven, television, etc. There I was locked up for the night - the station is inside the port area which is locked at night until 8 a.m.

I woke up to rain and it rained on and off all day. Twice I got myself lost because I walked hidden behind my umbrella and did not check the map often enough - which added 4 km to my etappe.....


*******


***** 


La marche vers Bayonne s'est avérée plus difficile Que je ne le pensais. Après quelques kilomètres dans la foret je suis arrivée sur les rives de l'Adour. Je m'attendais à une piste cyclable, même si elle passait le long de La zone industrielle et par le port.
Mais je me suis retrouvée sur une route encombrée de voitures  et sans séparation.
 J'ai aimé Bayonne qui est une vraie ville, Pas un endroit juste pour les touristes comme celles que j’ai traversé depuis la Gironde.

Contact avec France Télécom pour mon séjour en Espagne, achat de nourriture et prise de contact avec Philippe, le président de la station.
Il est arrivé en scooter et m’a fait visiter la station qui est aussi le centre de formation ; elle est très bien équipée avec une cuisine, un petit salon, un micro ondes …... Le top! Et c’était sécurisé pour la   nuit car la station est dans la zone portuaire qui est fermée à 20 heures.

Je me suis réveillée avec la pluie, et il a plu toute la nuit. Je me suis perdue deux fois car je marchais sous mon parapluie et ne regardais pas assez la carte, cela a juste a ajouté  4km de plus à mon périple.

Philippe, Président de la station
"Mon" appartement "!
Le scooter et le Président!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire