lundi 9 août 2010

ETAPE 2 PASAIA - ORIO ANGLAIS--FRANCAIS

"Etappe 2: Pasaia - Orio.

Woke up to rain - not the real thing, the spitting variety - what the French call 'crachin'. I discovered the rain somewhat later - first I got up - before everybody else - and got my coffee going. And somehow I was amongst the last to leave! Unlike most of the others I had breakfast. 

And then set off in the spitting rain (which later spat more seriously), taking the small boat which ferries pedestrians across the Ria de Pasaia and then up a lot of never ending stairs. 

Lovely path, a lot through forest - ideal for walking on a hot sunny day, rather dark at times and slippery. 

Which brings me to the subject of paths: apart from a good bit of quiet country roads, I had any variety of path you can think of - narrow and wide, muddy, stony, evenly stony (see photo), which is more difficult to walk on than you might think, unevenly stony, and any combination thereof! And all of it slippery! So from a spanking pace on roads I changed gear to being a little old woman, frightened of falling and gingerly trying each stone before putting my weight on it. 

Originally I intended to stop in Donostia (San Sebastian), but then decided to push on - I do no feel like sightseeing - it is very tiring in a different way from walking the camino. I did walk all along the front - as on previous occasions I was the only one with a big pack (the others having passed through in groups long before me, I suppose), and several persons wished me 'Buen camino!' in passing. Which reminds me that, as from Capbreton, people called after me 'Vive la Bretagne!' or 'Vive la Bretagne qui marche!'

The albergo in Orio is a private one with a capacity for 20, a majority of whom are German tonight. As opposed to Irun where the majority were Spanish. Again muy sympatico! I am beginning to meet ceetain people again and again. All kinds of nationalities. Voila! Time to go to bed...."


+++++++



"Etappe 2: Pasaia - Orio.


Reveil sous la pluie, pas une vraie pluie mais ce que les bretons appellent “crachin” ; j’ai découvert la pluie un peu plus tard ! D’abord je me suis levée, avant tout le monde, fait mon café et me suis retrouvée la dernière à partir, mais j’avais pris mon petit déjeuner !

Me voila partie sous le crachin qui deviendra pluie un peu plus tard, prenant le petit bateau qui fait traverser le Ria de Pasaia aux piétons  et je me trouvais ensuite face à des escaliers sans fin.

Sentier agréble à travers la foret, agréable à marcher  quand le soleil est chaud, mais le chemin devient parfois sombre et glissant.

Ce qui m’amène à parler des sentiers; : mis à part de nombreuses outes de campagne bien tranquilles, j’ai eu toute la variété de chemins que vous pouvez imaginer  : étroits, et larges, boueux, caillouteux et parfois empierrés (voir la photo) ce qui est très difficile pour marcher, et parfois une combinaison de tout cela ! Aussi, d’un bon pas sur les routes, je redeviens une vieille femme effrayée par la chute et  posant précationneusement mes pieds sur chaque pierre pour m’assurer de sa stabilité !!!!

J’avais prévu de m’arreter à Donostia (San Sebastian) mais je décidais de continuer plus loin; je me suis rendue compte que c’etait une fatigue différente de marcher sur ce “camino” d’autant que je suis souvent la seule à avoir le sac sur le dos ; de nombreuses personnes me souhaitent “buen camino” ce qui me rappelle que, à Capbreton, les gens me disaient : “vive la Bretagne” vive la Bretagne qui marche”

L’auberge à Orio est privée avec une capacité de vingt places, la plus part des pelerins sont allemands ce soir, au contraire de d’Irun où la majorité était espagnole; De nouveau “muy sympatico” je commence à retrouver des personnes déja rencontrées, de toute nationalité;

Voila, il est temps d’aller au lit !!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire