mercredi 11 août 2010

"Etappe 4: Zumaia - Deba (Wednesday, 11/08).ANGLAIS FRANCAIS

"Etappe 4: Zumaia - Deba (Wednesday, 11/08).

Up as usual between 6h and 6h30. How much more comfortable it is to have a room to oneself! Still, after so many nights spent on my narrow mattress in camping grounds in the South of France, I do appreciate real beds!

For 2€ on top of the basic rate of 8€ I had hot water in a thermos flask, instant coffee, fruit juice, and some biscuits. Also as usual, I had a good bit of bread and cheese which I always carry, plus the other two yoghurts and a banana.

Eating properly delays my departure of course. But I have the impression that I am in better shape than a good number of the others. I also take care to have a pause after two hours of walking

The landscape today was varied with magnificent views over the sea in the distance. Short etappe, only 14 km which allows me the rest I need before tomorrows' etappe of 24 km over difficult terrain - apparently going up and down all the time. Everybody is worrying about it.

Everybody, that is to say the people I have come across in this albergue municipal: when I arrived in Deba at midday, a woman pointed out to me the albergue on top of a hill and accompanied me down a succession of two elevators and then pointed me in the right direction to the tourist office. 

That is where you have to go to get the stamp in your pilgrims' pass, to pay for the night in the hostel (5€), to get a numbered bed allotted and a key to the hostel so that you can get in if it is closed. With this you make your way to the hostel where you find that the large rooms comfortably hold 7 lots of bunk beds ie 14 persons. I have the impression that this used to be a Kindergarten. In the communal room there are a few small low tables with some chairs matching in size and some normal ones.

Did I say that we had beautiful sunshine all day? Which was not too hot because the path/track/road was in the shade a lot of the time. Now however it has clouded over and the forecast is not for sun tomorrow. Wait and see!"


****

Debout à  6 heures 6 heures 30 comme toujours ; comme c’est confortable d’avoir une chambre individuelles, mais j’ai passé tellement de nuits sur mon étroit matelas que j’apprécie un lit !

Pour 2 € de supplément aux 8 € initiaux, j’ai eu une thermos d’eau chaude, du café soluble, du jus de fruit et quelques biscuits. Et comme toujours, j’ai en reserve du pain et du fromage, pus les deux autres yaourts et une banane.

Le fait de manger correctement décale mon départ, bien sur, mais j’ai l’impression d’être en meilleure forme que d’autres pèlerins. Je prend également soin de faire une pause après deux heures de marche.
Les paysages aujourd’hui sont variés avec des points de vue magnifique sur la mer dans le lointain. Une courte étape, seulement 14 km, qui me procure le repos dont j’aurai besoin en vue de l'étape de demain qui couvrira 24 km sur un terrain difficile, selon mes informations, des cotes et des descentes ...Tout le monde s’en soucie .
Parmi les personnes que j’avais rencontré à Debba à l’auberge municipale, une femme me montre l’auberge sur le sommet de la colline et me m’accompagne dans une succession d' “ascenseurs”  pour me designer la direction de l’office de tourisme.
C’est là que tu dois faire tamponner ton crédential, payer pour la nuit (5 €) te faire attribuer un numéro de lit et donner la clef de l’hôtel, comme cela tu peur rentrer n’importe quand. J’ai trouvé dans l’hôtel, 7 lits superposés (14 couchages). J’ai l’impression d’être dans un jardin d’enfant :  dans la chambre commune il y avait quelques petites tables basses et quelques grandes aussi.
J’ai oublié de dire que j’ai eu du beau soleil toute la journée. Cela n’a pas été trop chaud car le chemin était souvent à l’ombre. Maintenant le ciel est nuageux et le soleil n’est pas prévu pour demain , on verra.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire