dimanche 8 août 2010

Irun Espagne Anglais Français

"Irun

Halleluja! I've got a roof over my head! This morning, as I was leaving Hendaye, I was feeling quite sick with worry, because for the first time I did not have a reservation for the night. In my mind I saw the albergue overflowing with pilgrims and no room for me anywhere. So I made sure to be amongst the first to assemble at the door of the auberge.

Two young women from Brest in their 30s are the hospitaleiras for two weeks - they are volunteers ('benevoles' in French), live on the premises (don't know whether they are fed as well). They give us breakfast from 6h30 and by 8h everybody has to be gone. The place opens again from 16h to 21h30. Between 8 and 16h they do the cleaning and administrative work.

I met a woman of about my age who went to Santander last year and is going there by bus now. She did not think that the walk was so very difficult - so I am reassured.

We were invited to come to mass and six of us went. There was a Columbian family who were celebrating their daughter's 15 years (sort of come-out). They were all dressed in a very sexy way, especially the daughter, which I was quite amazed to behold. Afterwards we had a benediction ceremony for the pilgrims - the priest was
muy simpatico!

I am writing this on the balcony with everybody climbing over me this way and that and talking a babel of languages over my head with me joining in from time to time. My Italian is beginning to come back beautifully.

Well, I am off to bed



Halleluia !  J'ai eu un toit pour me protéger ! Ce matin, en quittant Hendaye, j'étais soucieuse, voire inquiète car pour la première fois, je n'avais pas de réservation pour la nuit ! Dans mon esprit, je m'imaginais l'auberge overbookée et aucune place pour moi. J'ai donc fait le nécessaire pour être dans les premières à attendre l'ouverture !
Deux jeunes (30 ans) brestois sont les hospitaliers pour quinze jours. Ils sont bénévoles, vivne tsur place , mais je ne sais pas s'ils sont nourris gratuitement ! Ils servent le petit déjeuner à  06H30 et à 08H30  tout le monde doit être dehors. L'endroit ré-ouvre de 16 heures à 21H30. Entre 8:30 et 16:00ils font le ménage et le travail administratif.
J'ai rencontré une femme de mon age qui avait marché jusqu'à Santander l'an dernier, elle y retournait en bus cette année. Pour elle, le trajet n'est pas trop difficile, cela me rassure.


Nous avons été invités à la messe, Six d'entre nous y somme allés. il y avait une famille de Colombie qui fêtait le quinzième anniversaire de leur fille (une sorte de passage à l'age adulte) Ils étaient tous habillée sassez "sexy" surtout la fille, ce qui m'a un peu choqué. Après cela il y a eu une bénédiction pour les pèlerins. Le père était "mu simpatico" !!
J'écris, assise sur le balcon, tout le monde, m'enjambe pour passer et il y a une multitude de langages (tour de Babel) mon italien revient !


Bon, je vais dormir



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire