mercredi 5 juin 2013

Day 4   Oviedo - Escamplero   13 km
Almost 7pm. I am sitting in the albergue of Escamplero overlooking the vast valley of the river Nora. The sun is shining, I am munching(?) the sandwich I bought at the bar/restaurant where I had to go to register to get into the albergue - I had a nice cold beer there and then, even before I went to the albergue. 

Later I went to buy a bottle of red wine which I am having with my sandwich now. So what more can anybody wish for???

This morning I got up after everybody had left, packed my pack and went to mass in the cathedral. When they heard that there was going to be mass, two women I had met during breakfast, Florence, French, and  Birgitt, German, also attended. We had coffee afterwards in the sunshine. What bliss after the "ducks' cold" of this morning (froid de canard as the French say). Then we went our separate ways: Florence back home in Toulouse I think and Birgit to walk some more near Aviles.

It was almost midday when I started back on the camino, the usual haul out of a biggish town and then lovely countryside, beautiful views with high mountains in the distance which I hope I do not have to  cross. 

At one point in front of a tiny chapel (del Carmel) I met three Frenchmen/women - one couple and another lady. And when I arrived here there was yet another Frenchman! So now in this albergue we are only five for twelve beds and all more or less French i. e. I am the odd one out, but only partly out since I live in France, speak the language reasonably well and am attached to a Frenchman.

Somewhere along the way I had my usual picnic followed by a siesta - total of 2 1/2 hours. It did get rather hot in the afternoon im spite of the strong wind. Anyway I am off to bed now - the others have gone to the restaurant - I d 'ont feel like it.

Tomorrow is another short haul to Grado - will meet the girls in a hotel 2 km out of Grado.......

Day 4   Oviedo - Escamplero   13 km
Presque 19 heures.
Je suis assise à l’auberge d’Escamplero dominant la large vallée de la rivière Nora. Le soleil brille, je mastique le sandwich que j’ai acheté au bar restaurant où j’ai du m’inscrire pour accéder à l’auberge. J’y ai pris une bonne bière fraîche et cela avant même de me rendre à l’auberge.
Plus tard, je suis allée acheter une bouteille de vin rouge que je sirote avec mon sandwich. Que rêver de mieux ?
Ce matin, je me suis levée après que tout le monde soit parti, ai fait mon sac et suis allée assister à la messe dans la cathédrale. Comme elles avaient entendu que j’irai assister à l’office, les deux dames que j’avais rencontré au petit déjeuner, Florence la française et Birgit l’allemande, y ont également été. On a pris n café ensuite au soleil. Quel bonheur après le froid de canard de ce matin. Puis nous sommes parties par des chemins séparés, Florence vers Toulouse et Birgit allait marcher un peu, vers Aviles.
Il était presque midi quand j’ai repris le chemin, le parcours typique pour sortir d’une grande ville et ensuite la charmante campagne, une belle vue sur de hautes montagnes au loin et j’espère ne pas avoir à les franchir.
A un endroit, en face d’une minuscule chapelle (del Carmel) j’ai rencontré trois français (homme et femmes) un couple et une autre dame. Et quand je suis arrivée il y avait encore un autre français ! Alors que dans l’auberge nous n’étions que cinq pour douze lits, plus ou moins en totalité des français, j’étais l’exception, mais seulement en partie car je vis en France, parle correctement la langue et suis en couple avec un français.
J’ai pris mon pique nique quelque part le long de la route  et ai fait une sieste – total deux heures et demi –il faisait passablement chaud l’après midi malgré un vent soutenu. Peu importe, je suis au lit maintenant, les autres sont au restaurant, moi je n’avais pas envie.
Demain ce sera une autre étape courte vers Grado, je retrouverai les filles dans un hôtel à deux kilomètres de la ville.



Vue du coin pique nique

Vue du coin pique nique

les chevaux cherchent l'ombre

1 commentaire:

  1. Liebe Ina, ich melde mich mal wieder. Habe deine Reise diagonal jetzt gelesen. Möge alles gut gehen! Grüße an deine Töchter, wenn sie noch bei dir sind. Ich habe auch 2 Reisen hinter mir: 4 Wochen mit Rainer im WoMo durch Ost-Deutschland - war gut und schön. Und dann mein wiederholter Traum: Chorsingen in Schloss Engers am Rhein. Mit ganz lieben Grüßen: Karin.

    RépondreSupprimer