jeudi 3 juin 2010

St Jacques encounter with a Spaniard..Rencontre avec un espagnol.

St Jacques encounter with a Spaniard...

I was happily walking on a dyke along one of the numerous canals in this
area (west of L Aiguillon) when I saw a cyclisr pedalling in the
opposite direction. As he was passing me he called out - Chemin de St
Jacques - with a Spanish accent.  Yes, I answered.    Buen camino, he
shouted over his shoulder as he cycled on....

That was this morning. It is a hot day - fortunately there is a gentle
breeze. And as I am doing only 13 km today to spare my foot, I am having
two long breaks. This is the second one. I am only 3 km away from my B+B
sitting in the grass next to a canal, listening to the birds and the
frogs - nobody about...

end of story




Je marchais gaiement sur une digue le long de l'un de ces très nombreux canaux (Ouest de L'Aiguillon sur mer) quand je vis un cycliste qui roulait dans l'autre sens. En me croisant il me dit avec un  accent espagnol : Chemin de St Jacques ? et je répondis oui ; Buen Camino me dit il en continuant à pédaler.
C'était ce matin. Un jours très chaud. Heureusement que l'étape était courte ! Je ne fais que 13 km pour épargner mon pied et j'ai pris deux grosses pauses0 C'est déja la deuxième et je ne sis qu'à trois kilomètres de mon hébergement, assises dans l'herbe, le long d'un canal à écouter les oiseaux chanter.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire