jeudi 3 juin 2010

Another St Jacques Encounter- Une autre rencontre ...

 
Yeasterday morning I was painfully beginning my day s walk in miserable
weather - first day after my rest and visit to see the doctor. Suddenly
a car overtook me and parked in a nearby parking lot. Out climbed a man
who walked over to me and asked -
Are you going to St Jacques - Yes, I said, and he was hugely pleased and
proceded to tell me that he had been last year - it had been a wonderful
experiience - he had met two Belgians and another Frenchman right at the
bwginning and they got on so well that they stayed together al the way.
And his wife who is handicapped and in a wheelchair took care of the
logistics from home thus looking after the four of them. And next year,
he continued, I will go again and my wife will come with me in the car -
and you know, earlier on you walked past my house and I saw you and felt
sure you were going to St Jacques and I got into my car and intercepted
you - I just had  to know........


INA publié par Papy vélo




Hier matin, j'ai commencé péniblement mon périple sous un  ciel peu clément. Premier jour après le repos et la visite chez le médecin.
Soudain un véhicule me dépasse et se gare un peu plus loin. Un homme en sort et me demande : Allez vous à St Jacques ? Ma réponse affirmative lui fit très plaisir et il me raconta qu'il avait fait le chemin l'an dernier, que cela avait été une expérience magnifique, qu'il avait rencontré deux Belges et un Français et qu'ils avaient cheminé ensemble0
Sa femme qui est handicapée et en fauteuil s'occupait de la logistique pour les quatre depuis leur maison.
L'an prochain il recommencera et son épouse suivra en voiture.
Il m'avait vu passer devant chez lui et s'était empressé de prendre sa voiture pour me rejoindre et me parler.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire