mercredi 26 mai 2010

SAINT GILLE CROIX DE VIE - SNSM PAR INA

As I was approaching town I was picked up off the beach by Michel Fillon, president of the lifeboat station, and his wife Therese.
They took me to a little restaurant, near the station, apparently a favourite
haunt of the crew - maybe because of two charming young ladies who took
over the place a little while ago.
After the meal they deposited me in the hotel room they had retained for
me to have a rest before an apero at the station and dinner together
with Jean-Claude Aurillas, one of the patrons. I also met Patou ....,
the station secretary, a lady “très sympa”, who was a great help as I was
struggling with the station computer to sort out my photos this morning.

And then Michel was going to put me down on my path on the other side of
town. Which he did - only he went all the way to my next stopover where
I am now, lying in my tent in the middle of the day. Thus I am having a
wonderful day of rest - this is doing me a world of good
After three exhaustingly hot days - I wonder how I will be able to cope with Spain
in August....
To finish I would like to thank again the kind people I had the pleasure
to meet at St Gilles - for their kindness and generosity.
 Thank you.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire