mercredi 16 juin 2010

PS to One month's rest and to this first part of my adventure

I forgot to mention one interesting encounter (too much occupied with my feet!): When normally I had been the only small tent (or tent at all) amongst the many mobile homes in the various camping lots, in Brem-sur Mer, late in the evening another small tent appeared. In the morning I came across its occupant, a young man somewhere in his thirties. I started talking to him in French and he answered: No francais, allemand!

Ich auch, I answered to his surprise. He too was on his way to St. Jacques, with a scooter, the adult version of a child's scooter. He was/is Bavarian, has been living in Berlin for 15 years or so, and had started his adventure in Berlin - a long way to come on a scooter (photo will be on the blog when we get round to it). We discussed equipment - it is always interesting to hear other people's experience, what they find indispensable as compared with your own needs; for instance he had equipped himself with titanium pikes for his tent; they are much sturdier and lighter than aluminium ones. Mine are aluminium and sometimes I found the ground so hard (because we have had very little rain in the last few months) that my pikes bent and I could not get them into the ground properly. So now I am trying to find titanium pikes, but so far can get only titanium tent nails.

If you can read German and are interested, you can find him on kickhard.de
Voila!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire